With a growing shortage of qualified electrical workers, it has NEVER been a BETTER time to join the electrical industry.
IEC Apprentice Training Programs combine the on-the-job training and formal related technical instruction you need to prepare you for this high-demand field. This means you get paid to work while you receive a top-notch education in the electrical field.
Where else can you do that?
Enroll in an IEC Apprenticeship Training Program and Earn while you Learn!
Open Enrollment is June 1 - August 31, 2023 and November 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023.
What Makes IEC’s Program So Successful?
The four-year apprenticeship program allow participants to gain the knowledge, technical skills, and practical experience necessary to succeed in today’s electrical trade.
"EARN WHILE YOU LEARN"
Requirements of the Program
With a significant growth rate each year, our apprenticeship program is recognized as the premier electrical apprenticeship program in the industry.
You have a lot of options when planning your Educational Path. A good education leads you into new territories, arms you with solid skills which will support you for a lifetime, and helps you turn a passion into a career. At CenTex IEC, we offer such a path, and encourage you to explore Electrical Apprenticeship as an option.
Get started TODAY, in the electrical industry through our Apprenticeship Training Program. Our intensive four year apprenticeship training program is designed to provide an electrical apprentice with the necessary theory and practical training to earn the status of electrician.
Through this combination of education, training, and hands-on experience, students not only learn an understanding of theory, operation and installation codes, they also learn how to develop professional management and leadership skills.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a High School graduate, or hold a GED certificate.
- Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, or Lawful Resident Alien authorized by the I.N.S. to hold employment.
- Male applicants must be registered with U.S. Selective Service or have proof of exemption.
- If you are a Military Veteran you must provide service separation paper DD214.
- Have dependable transportation (Dependence on public transportation will severely limit your employment opportunities).
- Employed by a CenTex IEC Electrical Contractor Member. (The IEC employment application service is available to job seekers, if applicable. Contact the Chapter for more information).
- Applicants must have a current State of Texas Apprentice Electrician license. Applications for the license can be obtained from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (www.tdlr.texas.gov).